Partner offer (competences/expertise)
The Sustainable Production Systems (SPS) Team of Climate KIC believes that the creation of carbon neutral value chains based on the circular economy and the bio-economy are the future foundation of Europe’s industry. In regional eco-clusters and value chains, Climate-KIC‘s SPS theme catalyzes the transition to economically viable circular models, by
• seed-funding high-impact climate solutions,
• facilitating open innovation through multi-stakeholder and cross-industry collaboration
• supporting technological and business model innovation
By supporting multi-stakeholder collaboration, Climate-KIC SPS theme aims to:
• improve resource efficiency & re-use, apply lifecycle thinking and waste hierarchy to transition to a circular economy.
• Use cross-sector synergies to move towards a future industry framework with closed carbon cycles.
Climate-KIC SPS theme will connect Business to Business (B2B) Industries with Business to Consumer (B2C) Industries and further relevant stakeholders along and across the selected value chains to create economically viable circular models and support building and interlinking markets for secondary resources.
What can we offer?
• Facilitator for improving cooperation and participatory approach within or along different value chains and among stakeholders which can lead to more benefits for each value chain player, resulting in a quicker implementation of more efficient use of raw materials and to waste reduction.
• Coordinator for pooling of resources and defining common vision, defining global objectives and strategies requited by the complex nature of the waste management challenge to boost ecoinnovation
Macro-economic and societal benefits from creating new markets in a circular economy (CSA)
Boosting the potential of small businesses in the areas and priorities of Societal Challenge 5 (SME Instr.)
Business Development Lead, Sustainable Production Systems Cliona Howie
c/ Quart 80
Phone: +34 673 618 164
Juan Carlos Garcia Carrasco